Saturday, July 18, 2009

different how???




in my header of my blog i said that i was different and the world sees me different...for those who havent read my older posts the difference is that i am a survivor .....a burn survivor. there was a fire at my house when i was a year old and i was hospitalized with third degree burns on my hands ,arms, and forehead...

At first, i was reluctant to post it but then i saw this episode of 20/20 last night and they showcased triplets who were burned in a house fire, and they were saying how they were always afraid to show their arms(like me), they thought that because of what happened to them they would never be accepted(like me),but then they came of their shell (like me). being scarred is traumatic and crippling.
In life you never know whos talking behind your back and then you dont know if someone thinks your weird or strange or just stare at you.(i hate that)
In school when everyone else was dating i wasnt, when people were experiencing their first kiss, i didnt. there was a lot of life i missed out on ,but as you can see the perpetual ugly duckling has turned into a beautiful swan...I still have my scars but a swan nonetheless.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you shared this. I never would have known.

    Tyra Banks had a show about a month ago related to women embracing their scars.

    You would have loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello - I'm new to this blogging world as well. Pls. feel free to follow me as I follow you. I admire your courage and confidence. You're an Inspiration to many - it's amazing how sharing can bring healing to you and others!

    No Pain - No Gain
    Misery - Ministry
    Stress - Blessings
    Sorrow - Joy

    ~ Be Blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took a while for me to feel comfortable sharing this....thanks liz for your words of encouragement and following me as I put my thoughts on the screen for the world to see!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

TELL ME WHAT CHA THINK BOUT THAT!!!!